Grouper Slam Official Rules
#1 RULES ACCEPTANCE
* It is the sole responsibility of the Captain, crew and anglers to read, understand and abide by the Tournament rules; including any and all special instructions and or modifications announced during Captain’s meeting.
* At least one designated representative from each team must attend the captains meeting.
#2 ENTRY DEADLINE
• 7:15 PM, Friday, July 12th 2019
#3 ENTRY FEE
• The entry fee is $500.00 per boat. Includes 4 anglers, each additional angler is $100.00
Calcutta entry fee is $200.00 per boat
#4 CAPTAIN’S MEETING & TOURNAMENT HOURS
• There will be mandatory captain’s meeting Friday, July 12th, 2019 at 6:00-7:15 pm at Lighthouse Waterfront Restaurant located at: Port Sanibel Marina 14301 Port Comfort Rd Fort Myers, Florida 33908
• At least one member of each team MUST be present. All anglers are encouraged to attend the captain’s meeting and party.
#5 HOURS OF COMPETITION
• Official time will be kept by Tournament Director and will correspond with time displayed on Tournament Director’s Cell Phone. .
*Honor start 6:00 am, NO LINES IN BEFORE 6:00 am July 13th, 2019
*Can catch bait until 11:59 pm July 12th.
*Failure to check in by 6:00 pm Saturday July 13th 2019 will result in a complete disqualification.
#6 FISHING RULES
• During competition hours, there shall be no more than 8 anglers on any one entered boat.
• All fish must be caught on rod and reel. No electric reel use allowed during the tournament. All fish must be legally possessed/caught.
#7 PERMITS AND LICENSES
• Registered boats and anglers must comply with all Federal and Florida State Laws regarding fishing licenses, size limits, bag limits and any other applicable regulations.
• For information regarding Florida Saltwater Fishing Licenses refer to www.myfwc.com or call 863-648-3200.
• A citation or written infraction of any state or federal regulation during the tournament will result in disqualification.
#8 OFF-LOADING CATCH
• All offshore fish must be weighed-in from the boat from which they were caught. No trucking, trailering, or over land transportation of fish.
• Fish must be off-loaded only at the designated dock at Port Sanibel Marina in order as called by Weigh Master.
#9 WEIGHING IN FISH
• Scales open at 4:00 pm Saturday July 13th 2018
Scales close at 6:00 pm Saturday July 13th 2018
• All fish are weighed to the tenth of a pound.
• No fish should leave the boat until they are in line to be weighed.
• Boats may weigh 4 grouper (Gag, Red, Scamp) for an aggregate weight. Minimum 3 grouper must be red grouper. Before leaving the scale area, the presenting angler must sign the Official Tournament Weigh-in form.
•Fish must be in edible condition and not marred or mauled in any way.
• The Weigh Master and the Tournament Committee reserve the right to refuse to weigh any fish that does not meet the tournament requirements.
-Warsaw Grouper will not be eligible for weigh in
#10 PRIZE PAYMENTS
• All checks will be issued to the Captain of the team and will be required to fill out a W-9.
• Captains may then distribute winnings to the anglers on their boats as appropriate.
General Entry Division:
1st place : 50%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 20%
4th place: TBD
5th place: TBD
Biggest Grouper Guarantee $2,000
Fun Fish Entries: $50 per fish
Payouts for this Division will be 100% of entry fees collected for this division
Paid to the biggest grouper
#11 BOAT SUBSTITUTION & PROCEDURES
• Boat substitutions are permitted for mechanical failure only.
• Any substitutions must be reported to tournament officials PRIOR to the start of fishing.
• Boats are not permitted to have any physical contact with other boats during the fishing hours of the tournament with the exception of an on the water emergency.
• All protests concerning the determination of the tournament winners shall be made in writing to the tournament rules committee, and shall be accompanied by $1000 cash.
• All protests shall be made prior to closing of the scales July 13th 2017
• In the event, that a protest is made and upheld by the rules committee, the $1000 cash deposit shall be returned. Otherwise, the $1000 cash deposit becomes the property of the tournament.
• Any protest resolutions are based on committee decisions, which are final.
• Winning teams may be subject to a polygraph test
#13 INSPECTION OF BOATS
• The rules committee has the right to board any vessel that is entered into the competition.
#14 PROCEDURES IN THE EVENT OF TIES
• If two or more entries in any category are the exact weight or weights, the winner shall be determined by earliest check in time.
#15 RAIN DATE
• To be determined only under Small Craft Advisory and in the best overall interest of the Tournament, with participant safety the highest priority. The overall decision to participate in any manner will be the exclusive decision of the Captain.
• There shall be no refunds.
#16 CONDITION OF FISH
• Fish shall not be mutilated in any way other than hook/gaff marks and must be in edible condition.
#17 RULES VIOLATION
• The penalty for any violation of any of the rules is disqualification, with tournament fees not refundable.
#18 DISCARDING FISH
• No dead fish will be tossed into the water at Lighthouse Waterfront Restaurant.
#19 POLYGRAPH TEST
• Grouper Slam will administer a polygraph test to winning team
#20 LIABILITY RELEASE
• It is expressly understood that all registered participants and their companions, crew members and observers (the Participants) participate in Grouper Slam Offshore Tournament at their own risk.
• The participants hereby indemnify and agree to save harmless the Grouper Slam, Lighthouse Waterfront Restaurant, Port Sanibel Marina and all Directors, Volunteers, agents, partners, members, sponsors, attorneys or any other person associated with this tournament from and against any and all claims that arise from or in connection with any negligent act or omission of the Tournament Indemnified Parties.
• All persons connected directly or indirectly with the operation of the Grouper Slam, Lighthouse Waterfront Restaurant and Port Sanibel Marina whether individual or corporation, shall have no liability whatsoever for any special, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary and/or any other damage including without limitation, any damages arising from libel, slander, loss, damage, negligence, harm, injury and death.
• Participants specifically consent to the use of any photography in which they appear, or audio recording, by the tournament for any reason whatsoever including; but not limited to, resale, advertising and promotional material without compensation or restriction of any kind.
• This Liability Release shall be binding upon the participants and their heirs, representatives, successors and assigns. By entering the above stated tournament and paying entry fee, participants acknowledge that they have read and are bound by same